We are also hoping -subject to vaccine delivery – that the Autumn COVID Booster can be given at the same time as your Influenza vaccination – as recommended by NHS England.
Please read carefully.
Please note that the queue this year will form towards Norton Way as there is an alternative clinic running from the Health Centre next door. They will not be providing flu vaccination so please make sure you join the correct queue. We ask that you please respect our neighbours by not parking on surrounding roads and keeping noise to a minimum.
Adults 65y+ and Adults 18 – 64y with underlying health conditions and carers
You are invited to the following walk-in sessions (no appointment needed) at the surgery:
Surname A – M
- Saturday 24th September 2022 08:00-13:00
Surname N – Z
- Saturday 1st October 2022 08:00-13:00
No invitation or paperwork is needed.
If you are unable to attend either of the above dates, we will be running a catch-up clinic on:
- Saturday 15th October 2022 08:00-13:00
Adults 50 – 64y with no underlying health conditions
You are eligible for a free NHS flu vaccine, but only from 15th October 2022
- You are therefore invited to the walk -in session on Saturday 15th October 2022 08:00-13:00
If you are housebound please notify the surgery and they will add you to the Housebound Flu list and arrangements will be made for you to receive the vaccination at home. Please be aware that this is a limited service and only available to totally housebound patients.
Children (under 18y)
The surgery will contact you with an appointment.
Ask you midwife who will be able to give you your flu vaccine, or attend one of the walk-in clinics.
Patient’s with immobility
If it will be difficult for you to stand in a queue, please drive into the rear carpark (marshalls will be on hand to guide you), where a GP or nurse will come to your car to vaccinate you in your car.
Walk in clinic instructions
- Come to the front of the surgery building, where there will be a marshalled queuing system
- Wear a short-sleeved top, and remove your coat / top layers when you enter the surgery in preparation
- We would appreciate if you would wear a face covering
- Don’t stop in the corridor – once you have been vaccinated follow the one-way arrows to exit at the rear of the building
- Don’t ask the GP, nurse or staff about any other health issue or prescription/result, as they will be unable to deal with it