This is only by invitation. You will be contacted by the NHS with instructions for an appointment when your nationally determined turn comes.
Please don’t phone the surgery to ask when you will hear as we don’t know – all the information we have is written here.
Currently you will be asked to attend one of the following vaccination hubs:
- Lister Hospital Vaccination Hub
- Robertson House Vaccination Hub, Stevenage
- Our GP Vaccination Hub, Fifth Avenue, LGC.
You will receive a letter, text or phone call from one of these sites. Don’t worry if you don’t have a mobile phone – you would be contacted by letter or landline.
The housebound will be contacted by Hertfordshire Community Trust who will send a nurse to their home to administer the vaccine.
Knowing if you Will be Offered a Vaccine
The COVID 19 vaccination is only available on the NHS. In line with government guidance, over the next few months invitations to receive the COVID vaccination will be sent to:
- People who are 80 years of age or older and frontline health and social care workers.
- People who are 75 years of age and over.
- People who are 70 years of age or older and people deemed to be clinically extremely vulnerable.
- People who are 65 years of age or older.
- All individuals aged 16 years to 64 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality.
- People who are 60 years of age and over.
- People who are 55 years of age and over.
- People who are 50 years of age and over.
Following this, the remaining population will be invited with priority yet to be determined.
What Happens at a COVID Vaccination Hub
When arriving at your specified Vaccination Hub, you may need to wait (to accommodate social distancing requirements). Please do not arrive too early to limit the length of time you may need to wait. Make sure you “wrap up” if the weather is cold, in case you need to wait outside. Please bring a mask or face covering with you. Carers can accompany you.
If possible, please bring your NHS number with you. This can be found on NHS prescriptions or hospital letters.
It is essential to tell staff if you have ever had a severe allergic reaction.
The vaccination will be given and will be followed by a short 15-minute observation period.
More information about the vaccine can be found by reading the Covid-19 Vaccine leaflet.