Adult Flu Vaccination Programme 2020
In light of the risk of flu and Covid-19 circulating this winter, we would encourage all eligible patients receive the flu vaccination.
We have had to factor social distancing into our flu vaccination programme this year due to the global pandemic. We have changed our flu clinics to make them as safe as possible.
All eligible patients will be sent a flu invitation letter and must pre-book an appointment slot in advance. We will continue to provide essential home visits for very frail patients to have their flu vaccinations at home/care home. Please call reception and let them know you wish to have the flu vaccine and are housebound.
We are holding flu clinics at the surgery and the programme has been scheduled around vaccination delivery dates. Different flu vaccinations are given to the over 65s and the at risk patients between the ages of 18-64. It is therefore very important that you book into the correct clinic to ensure that the correct vaccine can be administered.
Clinics are being run as follows:
|Friday 25th September||09:45-12:53||Patients aged 65 and over
|Saturday 26th September||08:00-12:38||Patients aged 65 and over|
|Friday 2nd October||09:45-12:53||Patients aged 65 and over|
|Friday 16th October||09:45-12:53||Patients aged 65 and over|
|Saturday 17th October||08:00-12:38||Patients aged 18-64 with a long term health condition
Patients aged 65 and over
|Friday 23rd October||09:45-12:53||Patients aged 65 and over|
|Friday 6th November||09:45-12:53||Patients aged 18-64 with a long term health condition
Patients aged 65 and over
|Friday 20th November||09:45-12:53||Patients aged 18-64 with a long term health condition|
Please call reception between 11:30-13:30
to book an appointment. This will help to avoid peak call times. Please take into account that there are limited appointments in each clinic.
If you have symptoms of a high temperature, new continuous cough, loss or change in sense of smell or taste, you must not attend your appointment.
- Walk in patients will not be permitted this year.
- Appointments are pre-bookable only. Please call between 11:30 and 13:30.
- If you are from the same household and are in the same age group, please try to book your appointments one after the other.
- Only the person having the vaccination will be allowed to enter the premises (unless assistance is required).
- It is important that you attend at your appointment time (not early or late). We want to minimise the number of people waiting at any one time and will need to ask you to wait outside.
- You must wear a face covering.
- We are operating a strict one way system through the building.
- You should wear a short sleeved or loose fitting top so that your upper arm is easily exposed for the vaccine.
- You will enter the clinic via the main entrance and leave via the side entrance of the surgery.
- Our staff will be wearing PPE, washing and sanitising hands in between patients.
- Please respect our staff, we will not tolerate any form of abuse and have put these measures in place for your safety. Anyone who does not adhere to the above or is found to be abusive to staff will be asked to leave and will not be vaccinated.
- Due to the constraints, our staff will not be able to help with any other queries on these days. Please do not ask staff to help with letters, prescriptions, sample bottles or anything else unrelated to your flu vaccine.
- Please remember to bring your slip pre filled with your updated contact details to your appointment.
How to Decline
If you have already decided that you do not want the vaccine this year, please let us know so that your vaccine can be offered to someone else who needs it. This year, more than ever, this is very important as the vaccine supplies are limited and demand is expected to be high.
There is a dissent form at the bottom of your invitation letter that can be signed and returned to the practice. Alternatively email E82104.firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you do not wish to receive the flu vaccine (please include your name and date of birth).